Sea Bright Learning Disabilities
Empowered Learning Transformation Centers
EMBRACE OUR VISION OF A SUCCESSFUL
ACADEMIC FUTURE FOR EVERY STUDENT
At Empowered Learning Transformation Centers, we have transformed students who feel defeated by reading into confident readers eager to learn.
We offer research-based programs for basic math and effective instruction in advanced math that will meet your child´s changing needs.
WRITING & GRAMMAR
Essential for any student who demonstrates difficulty, confusion and frustration when attempting to produce sentences, paragraphs, essays and reports.
Study Hall sessions are daily teacher-monitored group sessions designed for students whose grades do not reflect their intellectual potential.
Empowered Learning Transformation Centers Programs
The instruction is planned to meet the needs of each individual learner.
Using the combined knowledge and skill of experts in the fields of education, medicine, psychology, social work and language theory.
Using all of the learning pathways: seeing, hearing, feeling and awareness of motion.
A Cognitive Approach
Students are guided to understand the reasons for what they are learning rather than relying only on memory.
Instruction promotes successful experiences for students, which in turn promotes self-confidence and motivation.
When a deficiency interferes with our ability to function or perform a task it is said to be a disability, however, dysfunction doesn’t always translate to disability, it may simply indicate a learning difference, requiring a difference in teaching.
CHECKLIST FOR RECOGNITION OF A LANGUAGE LEARNING DIFFERENCE
• Is the student unable to read satisfactorily in spite of adequate intelligence and educational opportunity?
• Does written work reflect intellectual ability?
• Is the student having unusual difficulty in handwriting?
• Does he or she have unusual difficulty in spelling (If in school, beyond the weekly spelling test)?
• Can the student write the alphabet in sequence?
• Are there letter reversals, rotations, transpositions in reading, writing, or spelling?
• If attending school, can a downward trend in achievement test scores be noted?
• Is there directional confusion (left, right; before, after; over, under)?
• Is recall ability poor, especially for names and words?
• Does the student seem to have difficulty in following directions?
• Does he or she forget assignments and/or lose papers?
• Is the student unable to copy accurately from the near point, far point, or both?
• Does the student have an auditory discrimination problem or confuse similar speech sounds?
• Is there no definite preference for right or left hand?
• Is the student’s attention span short?
• Is the student overly active? If in school – disturbing in the classroom? (He/she may be reacting to his own frustration.)
• Is the student unusually passive and withdrawn?
• Are organizational skills lacking?
Empowered Learning Transformation Centers offers individualized programs to meet the needs of students with learning differences.
Contact us today!