Oceanport Learning Center
Empowered Learning Transformation Centers
ADD Symptoms, Testing & Treatments
Once you’re familiar with ADD/ADHD symptoms, you’re probably inclined to try to diagnose your child — or yourself — based on the pattern behaviors you’ve seen. The center’s primary care physician can offer the best advice, and at a more affordable price than most independent mental health providers (with more accommodating hours, too). Patients who have already been diagnosed should have their paperwork transferred to our office to get a head start. To determine or verify an ADD diagnosis, we may employ the following:
· Symptoms interview for ADHD adults, or parents of children with ADHD
· Analysis of school reports and records for children
· Psychological and ADD testing for children
Understanding ADD Symptoms
The following symptoms are prevalent in patients with ADD, whether they are adults or children. Each of these can manifest itself in different ways, but let’s take a look at a few common examples:
· Hyperactivity — Young kids usually have their fair share of excess energy, so how do you know what to look for when you think your child might have ADHD? With children, it can present itself as constant fidgeting at their desks, excessive, fast-paced talking and the feeling of always being “on the go.”
· Inattention — Patients with ADD symptoms will experience a marked difficulty keeping track of important objects and dates, listening carefully in conversation, and staying focused on simple tasks.
· Impulsivity — ADHD children who exhibit symptoms of impulsivity are likely to yell answers in school, and talk out of turn in conversation. Adults with ADD may be more inclined to shop compulsively or gamble with a large amount of cash.
ADHD and ADD Treatment
Treatment of ADD/ADHD symptoms can vary from patient to patient. Once we’ve met with and analyzed a client, we’ll come up with a personalized treatment plan for him/her.
Untreated ADHD can affect a patient’s performance in school, work and social life — causing developmental problems for children and often relationship problems for adults. Despite these challenges, it’s completely possible to live a full, functional life with minimal ADHD symptoms. Finding reliable and accessible care is key to understanding and maintaining your illness. The staff at Empowered Learning Transformation Centers is eager to help, and equipped with a wealth of experience, patience and understanding.
Contact us today!