Monmouth County Learning Center
Empowered Learning Transformation Centers
Empowered Learning Transformation Centers strives to improve and enrich the lives of people with attention deficit disorders (ADHD/ADD) through high-quality, comprehensive, affordable treatment and support services. Empowered Learning Transformation Centers provides a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of ADHD for individuals of all ages. Services provided include diagnostic evaluations, a multimodal treatment program, individual psychotherapy and behavior therapy, couples therapy, support groups, and other support services.
HOW IS ADHD DIAGNOSED?
Basic facts about ADHD diagnosis:
· A diagnostic evaluation is the first step in managing ADHD.
· A qualified health care professional can provide a diagnostic evaluation to determine if a child, adolescent, or adult has ADHD.
· A diagnostic evaluation may be performed at any age, however we do not encourage diagnostic testing for children younger than five years old.
· A compressive ADHD evaluation cannot be done just from brief office observations.
· A compressive ADHD evaluation cannot be done just from talking to the person.
· There is no single psychological, medical, or genetic test for ADHD.
A comprehensive diagnostic evaluation includes:
· A thorough diagnostic interview, including past and current functioning
· A comprehensive history (developmental, medical, academic, work, social, family)
· ADHD behavioral checklists based on DSM-5 criteria
· Standardized behavior rating scales for ADHD
· Standardized behavior rating scales for common co-existing conditions associated with ADHD
· Other types of psychological testing as deemed necessary by the clinician
· For students of any age, an intellectual assessment to help determine areas of strengths and weaknesses, and to provide more detailed information about the impact of ADHD on cognitive functioning
· Psychoeducational testing as needed for individuals with concerns about academic development or learning disabilities
· Documentation of ADHD related impairments necessary for requesting accommodations for standardized exams (ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, Licensing Exams, etc.)
· Review of past evaluations and school records
To schedule an appointment for a diagnostic evaluation, please contact us.
Contact us today!