Little Silver Autism Testing
Empowered Learning Transformation Centers
Autism Testing Little Silver
The Autism Testing Little Silver is operated by Empowered Learning Transformation Centers; This mental health hospital is a specialist purpose designed and built Independent Hospital which provides services and support to adult patients who may or may not be liable to be detained pursuant to the Mental Health Act 1983 as amended by the Mental Health Act 2007 and provides exclusively for adults aged 18 and over having learning disability and/or autism spectrum conditions (asc).
Our care pathways programme known as the My Shared Pathway works in conjunction with a range of peripheral services including residential and supported living services and ensures the development of functional and sustainable long term individualized discharge solutions which reduces the need for long term hospital placement.
The spectrum of conditions supported by ASC Healthcare includes those known as “classic autism” Asperger syndrome and pervasive developmental disorder – not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS), also known as “atypical autism”.
Features of ELTC Autism Testing Little Silver:
· In this learning disability center, there are four distinct living areas 2 x 5-person apartments and 2 x 4-person apartments, each having shared lounge and dining room facilities and opportunities for assisted bathing. All apartments have spacious single occupancy bedrooms complete with en-suite facilities.
· Unique building design and layout principles – these are based on our knowledge and understanding of learning disability and/or asc and take into consideration the most up to date research outcomes. Autism Testing Little Silver, recognizes the concept of ‘proxemics’ (the space we need around us to feel comfortable) which tends to be more in the case of people with asc. Research also shows that people with a learning disability and/or asc living too close together can become anxious as a consequence of each other’s level of interaction or behavioral presentation whether direct or indirect and equally too much space can for some lead to other longer-term difficulties in the sense that if you over-provide space you over compensate and over-protect to a point where there is unrealistic exposure to a real-life experience.
· The physical layout / environment also considers the removal of those features considered as stimulatory, particularly in relation to hyper and hypo- sensitive sensory integration difficulties experienced by some people with an asc. Please refer to our page unique design for more specific and detailed information.
· All environments in this learning disability center have incorporated features which provide a level of physical and relational security but combine this with opportunities for safe freedom of access to places for being alone and for socializing.
· Externally there are private and safe garden areas.
· The living environments are supported by an on-site therapy and activity suite including multi-faith room, a range of therapy / activity rooms, ADL kitchen and multifunction facilities.
· Environmental design and layout that allows the service to provide for both males and females, within gender specific environments (apartments) and are able to maximize each individual’s privacy and dignity.
Contact us today!