Holmdel Township ADD Testing

ADD Testing Holmdel Township.jpg

Empowered Learning Transformation Centers

How is ADHD/ADD diagnosed in a child?

A pediatrician, child psychiatrist, or a mental health expert may diagnose ADHD/ADD. To do so, he or she will talk with parents and teachers and watch the child’s behavior. Diagnosis also depends on results from physical, nervous system, and mental health testing. Certain tests may be used to rule out other health problems. Others may check thinking skills and certain skill sets.

How is ADHD/ADD treated in children?

Treatment will depend on your child’s symptoms, age, and general health. It will also depend on how severe the condition is.

Treatment for ADHD/ADD may include:

Psychostimulant medicines. These medicines help balance chemicals in the brain. They help the brain to focus and may reduce the major symptoms of ADHD/ADD.

·         Antidepressant medicines. These can help improve attention while lowering anger, anxiety, or depression.

·         Behavior management training for parents. Parenting children with ADHD/ADD may be hard. It can cause challenges that create stress within the family. Classes in behavior management skills for parents can help lower stress for all family members. This training often happens in a group setting that encourages parent-to-parent support. Behavior management techniques tend to improve targeted behaviors in a child, such as completing school work.

·         Other treatment. Self-management, education programs, and assistance through your child’s school.

How can I help prevent ADHD/ADD in my child?

Experts don’t know how to prevent ADHD/ADD in children. But spotting and treating it early can lessen symptoms and enhance your child’s normal development. It can also improve your child’s quality of life.

How can I help my child live with ADHD/ADD?

Here are things you can do to help your child:


·         Keep all appointments with your child’s healthcare provider.

·         Talk with your child’s healthcare provider about other providers who will be involved in your child’s care. Your child may get care from a team that may include counselors, therapists, social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists. Your child’s care team will depend on your child’s needs and how serious the ADHD/ADD is.

·         Tell others about your child’s ADHD/ADD. Work with your child’s healthcare provider and schools to develop a treatment plan.

·         Reach out for support from local community services. ADHD/ADD can be stressful. Being in touch with other parents who have a child ADHD/ADD may be helpful.


Contact us today!

Contact Our ADD Testing near Holmdel Township NJ

Name *
Phone *